Friday, December 15, 2017

Writing a Code Blog on Blogger

Here are some thoughts on writing a code blog on Blogger.


  1. It's a WYSIWYG.  Gross.  I want to write in my editor, where I spend the rest of my waking hours.
  2. Markdown is faster.
  3. I want lots of formatted code snippets.
  4. We'll probably want to be able to reference terminal i/o, but have it collapsible so it doesn't take over the entire post.
This post explains some of the convenience of using Blogger, but also makes me think I should move to Github pages or something else.

1, 2, & 3 - If I write in Vim in Markdown, I can generate it and the copy the source into here... but God help me if I ever want to edit it after saving.  I could create a repo with the Markdown and regenerate it, I guess.

4 - I dunno.  I'm too busy daydreaming about Github pages.  Let's check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment